So you want to become a lawyer in the silver state and home to the city that doesn’t sleep (Las Vegas). Great, we will show you exactly how!
Similar to other states, individuals seeking to practice law in the state of Navada need to graduate from college and law school. After completion of law school the passing of the bar exam is also required.
Some Nevada specific admission requirements to the state bar include:
- Completion of undergraduate and law school.
- Successful completion of the bar exam.
- Must be present or living in the state of Nevada.
- Demonstrated a good moral character.
- Never been disbarred from another state.
- No history of substance abuse including drugs and alcohol.
- Full compliance with any court orders including but not limited to alimony or child support payments.
Getting Accepted Into a Nevada Law School.
Your grade point average in college and scores on the LSAT are the two major determining factors for admission to most law schools.
Popular Law Schools In The State Of Nevada.
Below is a list of law schools in Nevada actively accepting applications each year.
University of Nevada – William S. Boyd School of Law
4505 Maryland Parkway, Las Vegas 89154-1080
Phone: (702) 895-2400
Why Is Law School In Nevada & The Bar Exam Necessary?
Without a license to practice law in Nevada, a person cannot give legal advice, represent persons in court, or handle many other legal matters.